The Goal of the NEOFC is to provide competitive soccer opportunities for our youth and to develop life skills along the way. Cooperation, team work, discipline, proper decision making, honesty, loyalty, sportsmanship, and leadership are learned through a positive soccer experience. Practices, games, tournaments, and other associated functions offer many opportunities for personal growth in a team setting. Coupled with these opportunities is the obligation for club members to be mindful of the effects of their behavior and attitude on themselves and others. Your conduct is a direct reflection of you, your family, the team, club, community, and game of soccer, whether it be on the field sideline or in the hotel at a tournament. Every year at registration, players sign a behavior agreement with NEOFC, please make sure families are aware of these expectations below:
- Players are expected to have all personal soccer gear upon their arrival to practice sessions, games, and tournaments. Uniforms (regular and alternate), shoes, socks, proper additional clothing for weather conditions, properly inflated soccer ball, and water bottle are all part of your gear.
- Players are expected to conduct themselves in a manner which promotes positive, disciplined, team work, sportsmanship, and hard work in a way that represents NEOFC well.
- Players are expected to display good sportsmanship at all times towards parents, players, coaches, trainers, referees, the opposing team, their staff and guests. Be generous in winning and gracious in losing. Disrespect will not be tolerated towards anyone at anytime.
- Players are to be respectful of the playing fields and facilities by picking up after themselves and their team. Trash should be thrown away and equipment picked up.
Parents & Guests:
- Parents are to make sure players are on time for practice, in attendance for all games and tournaments and picked up on time as players cannot be left alone. Notify your coach in advance of any tardiness or absences, as this will affect everyone, not just you or your player.
- Parents are to support all coaches, trainers, managers, referees and staff as they each provide a necessary and valuable service to you, our children, whether that is NEOFC or another Club's staff or team.
- Parents should help all players enjoy the thrill of competition, personal accomplishment, and team work, not critizing players other then their own. Everyone’s encouragement contributes to developing the discipline, character, and success of players, teams.
- Parents must not coach players from the sidelines. It confuses players and undermines the coaches and trainers. By all means, encourage and cheer for our players for their efforts and accomplishments throughout the games, but please refrain from giving specific direction to players.
If issues arise on your sideline or at a tournament, like the hotel, here are the actions that NEOFC will take -
- Any NEOFC adult member whose sideline behavior results in an NEOFC coach being officially cautioned (i.e. shown a yellow card) will be fined $50 and suspended 1 game. A second yellow card during the same season will result in $100 fine and a 3 game suspension. Suspensions will carry over from season to season.
- Any NEOFC adult member whose sideline behavior results in an NEOFC coach being ejected from a game (i.e. shown a red card) will be fined $100 and suspended for 2 games. A second red card during the same season will result in a $200 fine and a 4 game suspension. Suspensions will carry over from season to season.
- Any NEOFC adult member whose sideline behavior results in his or another NEOFC member being ejected from a game will be fined $100 and suspended for 2 games. A second ejection during the same season will result in a $200 fine and a 4 game suspension.
- Any NEOFC member whose behavior results in themselves or their team being banned from a facility or tournament will be subject to additional penalties as determined by an NEOFC disciplinary board. Such penalties could include: an additional fine, required Club service hours, or suspension from the Club and its facilities.
Failure to pay any assessed fine within 10 days of receiving written notification from NEOFC of the policy violation will result in the player being suspended from future games until the fine is paid. Player suspension will be accomplished by NEOFC holding the player pass and removing the player from the team roster via the Got Soccer registration system.